Snow Day Update!
As we approach returning to school on Thursday, I wanted to send out a few updates and reminders for the next week.
- Reading Pirate Adventures will continue this nine week period. Please see the note attached to the class email with the reading requirements for 3rd nine-week grading period along with incentives and the list of books for testing.
- We were scheduled to have a vocabulary test over “Word of the Day” Greek and Latin roots “aqua/hydra” on Friday of last week. Please make sure your child reviews last week’s bell work handout before returning Thursday. We will resume this assessment on Thursday.
- Also, last week, your child’s agenda had a cold-read assessment scheduled for Friday. We will take this assessment on Friday of this week. I plan to review the weekly skills: Point of View and Primary and Secondary Sources before testing. You may want to have your child complete an online review of the skill: Point of View on Study Island. (Log in information is located at the front of your child's binder.) I have assigned this to my students already. Information/notes on Primary and Secondary Sources is located in their binder in the ELA section as well.
- Last day to purchase a yearbook online is January 26th.
- Pastries with Parents will take place over a three-day period starting January 30th and continuing through February 1st. Please see Tara Oaks’ webpage for details.
I look forward to returning with hearing EPIC stories from the students!