- Run Club parent meeting tonight
- Please find attached September lunch menu
- Robotics applications are due Wednesday the 6th
- Chorus members have been selected, please return from and $12.00 for a shirt if you do not already have one
- Parent conferences have been scheduled for the 14th, your student will be coming home with a letter tomorrow letting you know if you will need to attend
- Fire prevention poster contest information was sent out last week
- Student Equipment Agreement Form for ipad usage is coming home today, please sign and return
- If you have not turned in the $25.00 educational fee please do so
- Sign up for the school Remind101 account by texting 81010
- September announcements video https://youtu.be/APoxiV54PVU
- RACE response strategy
- Spelling Words
- Main Idea and Details continued
Please note that my email has not been working since Wednesday morning. We are working hard to get it back up and running as soon as possible. In the mean time please email Mr. Asbury and he will share your emails with me.
- School Educational Fee $25.00
- Class t-shirt $10.00, due Monday- we have 6 students who still need to order, note that the class t-shirt and school t-shirt are two different things
- Parent portal login information will be coming home with students today, this will allow you to log into power school to view your students grades
-We worked on summarizing informational text using the GIST strategy.
-Continued to work on our 12 powerful words.
-We will work on identifying the main idea and supporting details.
-Students will have a vocabulary test on morning work words, check binder for words.
- Homework packet was passed out today and is due the 31st.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Over the next two weeks we will be working on point of view and perspective, in writing we will begin developing persuasive pieces and we will continue to look at greek and latin root words. Homework was given yesterday that will be due next Thursday.
I wanted to let you all know that students are bringing home a yellow piece of paper explaining our 1st field trip that will be on November 22 to the Pink Palace Museum. We are very excited!
I also wanted to send a quick reminder of some events coming up in November. Please see below:
Nov. 4 Career Day
Nov. 4 Daddy/Daughter Dance @ 6:00
Nov. 10 Students wear Red, White, and Blue for the
Veterans Day Program @ 2:30 in cafeteria
Nov. 11 Veterans Day (NO SCHOOL)
Nov. 15 Barnes and Noble Book Fair
Nov. 15 Field Trip Permission Slip and $ due
Nov. 18 Classroom Picture Day
Nov. 22 Field Trip to Pink Palace Museum
Nov. 23-25 Thanksgiving Break (NO SCHOOL
It was great seeing everyone at open house last week! I hope that opportunity gave you a chance to see what our classroom are really like. Over the next few weeks we will be working on text structure. This week we are specifically focusing on description. Wednesday we will all wear read to support red ribbon week. Friday is another wild rumpus day! Students have the option of bringing in $1.00 to dress like a zoo animal. I hope everyone has a fabulous week!
Happy Fall Break!!!
We have had a great week.
We are so excited about our new classroom rug!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful addition to our classroom!!!
Tuesday- Moment with Mom A-M, RED OUT for tiger walk
Wednesday- Moment with Mom N-Z, White OUT for tiger walk
Thursday- Blue out for tiger walk
Friday- TIGER WALK, wear class shirt and any movie star apparel. Our time is from 2:05-2:55.
This is our class website that shows how much money we have raised!
In class we will be working on identifying the parts of plot.
In ELA next week we will be focusing on character, setting, and plot.
Please go ahead and check your student’s power school account. We are roughly at the half way point of this 9 weeks.